AMS members are reminded that the new regulatory framework for recycling that takes effect October 1, 2021, requires all producers to register with the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority (RPRA) by November 30.
RPRA registration requires producers to provide the total weight of each applicable Hazardous and Special Product (HSP) material supplied in Ontario in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
To assist prospective customers of its Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO), AMS will provide this data on request:
- The data will be provided in the original AMS reporting categories (i.e. factory fill category will not be included)
- You will need to review and adjust your quantities if you are:
- an importer or retailer of products supplied by Canadian-resident brand holders (you will need to remove those quantities from your report(s)).
- obligated for factory fill antifreeze.
- The data will be in Excel format and include conversion factors to kilograms as required by RPRA.
Data from your reports is confidential and AMS is ensuring its transfer to you is secure. To receive your reporting data:
- Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org (your request will be acknowledged within two business days)
- When the data file is available (within five business days) you will receive an email confirmation with details on how to access the Excel data file.
To select the AMS PRO to meet your new obligations, you will need to register on the WeRecycle Portal and complete a Customer Agreement – see our Registration Guide for details.
The AMS PRO is uniquely able to offer producers a low-risk, turn-key compliance solution built on a proven track record as a not for profit that has delivered stable fees and strong supply-chain performance.
More information about making AMS your PRO is available on the AMS website or contact us:
email@example.com or 1-888-575-4870