Automotive Materials Stewardship (AMS) is a not-for-profit organization that enables producers of used antifreeze and antifreeze containers, oil filters and empty oil containers to meet their regulatory recycling obligations.
AMS was established by industry, for industry, in anticipation of Ontario’s move to individual producer responsibility under the Resource Recovery and Circular Economy Act, 2016. The AMS Industry Stewardship Plan (ISP) was approved by the Resource Productivity and Recovery Authority (RPRA) on August 10, 2016. The program launched April 1, 2017.
We re currently seeking an Executive Director to join our organization to develop and successfully implement Automotive Materials Stewardship’s (AMS) strategic objectives. The role is largely focussed on the oversight of its operations, people and initiatives. The Executive Director has full P&L responsibility for the program and ensures complete financial and operational performance is reported to the Board of Directors, and its committees if applicable
The Executive Director will seek opportunities for continuous improvement of operational performance to efficiently deliver on customer commitments and regulatory requirements. Additionally, the Executive Director will oversee relationships with key stakeholders and is the primary relationship manager with producers (customers), regulators, supply chain partners and local community stakeholders, including media and external service providers, including overseeing the delivery of management services by its outsourced management services provider.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education related to business management
- At least 15 years’ experience that involves exposure to:
- Organizational leadership
- Financial management
- Stakeholder relations or communications
- Supply chain management and/or procurement
- Waste management experience is an asset
- Knowledge of EPR policy and frameworks and related impacts on the marketplace, local governments, residents, familiarity with waste management, materials management and logistics or related operational business activities is an asset.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Financial literacy.
- Crisis management skills.
- Media training.
If you are interest in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume demonstrating why you would be a great fit for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, October29, 2021.
Please indicate clearly in the subject line what position you are applying for.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.